I Installed the ELK stacks as usual:
But then I had to add nodes. A lot of google gave a lot of more og less usefull hints, so here is what i did:
First, I changed the name of the cluster and node elkserver1 (the only node) in /etc/elasticseach/elasticseach.yml
And restarted elasticsearch, tailed log - everything was ok
Notice the logfilename follows the clustername
Secondly, I changed the same on the next node (elkserver2) and added the IP on elkserver1 in the /etc/elasticseach/elasticseach.yml, changing:
Then started ES with:
But the node never connected to the cluster.
After a short part of troubleshooting, ES only listens pr. default on 127.0.0.0:9200, so in /etc/elasticseach/elasticseach.yml do change
After successfull join, I changed:
on both nodes.
For the 3rd node (elkserver3), the trickt was the same, and in the end, the /etc/elasticseach/elasticseach.yml had:
On all servers, giving me: